Location: Remote, North America
The bookkeeper role reports to the controller and will be responsible for the company Account Receivable operation as well as the monthly accounting process. We are looking to hire a highly motivated and adaptive accounting professional to join our growing team at Versatile who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Oversee and manage the Account Receivable function from end to end, partner with the VP of Sales and the VP of Customer Success to assure timely billing and collection across all accounts and projects.
- Own the Sales Tax area and assure compliance in all respective nexuses.
- Oversee and manage the payroll process for two North American subsidiaries.
- Manage and execute month-end close activities, working with the rest of the team to provide timely and accurate reporting. Including but not limited to corporate credit cards and expense reports reconciliations.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including technical, operational, and reporting activities.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Establish and maintain working relationships throughout the company, working well across functions with a variety of skill and knowledge levels.
- Support the annual external audit, including technical accounting work performed over new and/or complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite is highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization and customers
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Experience in a start-up environment is strongly preferred
- Experience with accounting research and technical accounting memo writing
- A strong analytical mind with an ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting hard deadlines
- Collaborative behaviors. You are excited to work as a team throughout the organization to help cultivate an amazing workplace and culture