Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Versatile is a Construction Tech Company that has pioneered a new way to capture jobsite performance data, that naturally fits existing workflows. Our vision is to connect all fragmented pieces of the construction process to a single source of productivity and precision. We transform construction professionals into superheroes and construction into a truly controllable process.
We are looking for a hands-on, highly skilled Senior Android Developer to join our talented team and contribute to the development of our native applications. If you are passionate about building high-quality mobile apps, leveraging Kotlin Multiplatform (KMM), and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, we would love to have you on board. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of technical leadership and mentoring developers, as well as working with backend engineers to design and optimize APIs and contracts.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, driven by the meeting point between technology, user experience, customer needs, and business objectives. You will join a top-notch engineering team in our Tel Aviv headquarters, and have a significant direct impact on our customers, and on the construction industry.
What you will be doing:
- Join our team to design and develop our native Android application, ensuring high-quality code, performance, and usability.
- Write clean, modular, and testable code in Kotlin, and utilize Kotlin Multiplatform (KMM) to develop common code that can be shared between Android and iOS platforms.
- Collaborate with iOS developers to align development efforts and ensure consistency across platforms; Work closely with backend and full-stack engineers to define and optimize APIs.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members, ensuring high code quality and fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to define requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an Android Developer, with a strong focus on native Android app development.
- In-depth experience with Kotlin and a deep understanding of Android SDK, Android Jetpack components, and Android development frameworks.
- Some experience with Kotlin Multiplatform (KMM) or similar cross-platform development frameworks is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, including code versioning, code reviews, testing, over the air configurations, and continuous integration.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex technical requirements and translate them into efficient and elegant solutions.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to deliver mobile applications.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with iOS development and experience working on cross-platform projects – a plus.
- Some leadership experience or the desire to take on responsibilities beyond code and technical design – a plus.